Public Services Clerk
6 - 12 Month Contract
Under the direction of the Manager, Service Excellence.
This position provides pro-active customer and information service.
Classification: PT Public Service Clerk – Band 1 - Hourly Rate $25.38
Reports to: Manager, Service Excellence
Hours: Up to 25 hours per week. This position requires the employee to regularly work evenings and weekends.
General Description of Duties:
- Provides pro-active circulation, information and customer service to Library customers.
- Provide excellent customer service at service points.
- May assist with planning and the delivery of library programs.
- Assists with collection maintenance.
- May assist with displays.
- May assist with holds procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is required to take every reasonable precaution in the circumstances, for the protection of the health and safety of the worker.
Skills and Abilities required:
- Strong Customer Service Ethic.
- Technological competency, including proficiency with circulation and office software.
- Familiarly with technology and social media used by the public.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to provide courteous, efficient and effective service to the public.
Physical Skills and Working Conditions:
This position requires keyboarding, handling of books & materials, pushing/pulling trucks, physical set up of programs, packing and unpacking boxes, working at services points and dealing with difficult customer behaviour.
Required Qualifications & Education:
Secondary School Diploma plus one year of relevant work experience. Library Technician Diploma preferred. A Criminal Record Check is required. CPR/First Aid certification is required.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job # OPL 02-2020. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not be taking any phone calls regarding this position.
The Oshawa Public Library hires students for part-time work on evenings and weekends. If you are an interested student, please complete the Student Page Application Form or email your résumé to email@example.com.
Student résumés are kept on file for six months from the date received.